Latest civil service & public affairs moves — August 7
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: Companies House – Louise Smyth appointed as chief executive, starting in September.
- Department of Health: NHS Business Services Authority – Silla Maizey has been re-appointed as chair for three years from 9 September.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Lindsay Croisdale-Appleby appointed firector general for EU Exit.
Houses of Parliament
Parliamentary Digital Service – Rob Greig will stand down as Director on 8 September – the recruitment for his permanent replacement will begin in 2018.
Ceredigon Council – Eifion Evans to become chief executive, replacing Bronwen Morgan on 1 October; Walsall Council – Helen Paterson to become chief executive; Sedgemoor District Council – Allison Griffin named as interim chief executive after Kerry Rickards retired; Northampton Council – David Kennedy stood down as chief executive; By-election Results 3 August: Charnwood Council – Richard Huddlestone elected for Loughborough Shelthorpe – Labour hold; Kings Lynn and West Norfolk Council – Michael Taylor elected for St Margarets with St Nicholas – Conservative gain from Labour; Sevenoaks Council – Susan Coleman elected for Penshurst, Fordscombe and Chiddingstone – Conservative hold; Swale Council – Tony Winckless elected for Milton Regis – Labour gain from UKIP: Thanet Council – Ian Venables elected for Margate Central – Labour gain from UKIP.; Worthing Council – Rebecca Cooper elected for Marine – Labour gain from Conservative
- PLMR – Neil Carmichael joined as a senior adviser.
- AA – Bob Mackenzie removed as chief executive.
- ITV – Carolyn McCall to replace Adam Crozier as chief executive early in 2018.
- Trussell Trust – David McAuley to stand down as chief executive at the end of August.
- British Red Cross – Mark Astarita to leave role as fundraising director in November.
Sir Malcolm McKibbin is to join the board of Co-operation Ireland after five years as top civil...
The DVLA chief executive explains to Civil Service World how the agency has been transformed...
Supplier Capgemini to train civil servants and help departments develop robotic process...
Former foreign secretary said there was a ‘lack of confidence’ in the ministry when he took...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...