Latest civil service & public affairs moves — January 9
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues on Dods People
- UKREP – Sir Ivan Rogers resigned as the UK's Permanent Representative to the European Union; he has been succeeded by Sir Tim Barrow, formerly political director at the Foreign & Commonweath Office.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Climate Change Adaptation Sub-Committee – Baroness Brown of Cambridge to take over from Lord Krebs as Chair on 1st February.
- Ministry of Defence: Defence Equipment and Support – Ros Rivaz and Iain Lanaghan appointed as Non-Executive Directors.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: David Metcalf named as the first Director of Labour Market Enforcement
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Natural History Museum Board – Kim Winser reappointed as a Trustee.
- Competition and Markets Authority - Lucilia Falsarella Pereira and Fred Houwen have started as Project Directors, and Tim Greer to take the role on 30th January.
Houses of Parliament
- Edward Ollard to succeed David Beamish as Clerk of the Parliaments in April.
- UK Independence Party: Victoria Ayling appointed as Heritage and Tourism Spokesperson; Lisa Duffy appointed as Foreign Aid Spokesperson.
- Northern Ireland: Electoral Office for Northern Ireland – Virginia McVea to replace Graham Shields as Chief Electoral Officer from 1st February.
- Madano – Chris Parr appointed as Director of Built Environment and Professional Services Business.
- M&C Saatchi – Ros Trinick appointed to work on the Home Office's Office for Counter Extremism brief .
- Law Society – Catherine Dixon resigned as Chief Executive.
First secretary of state says government "can’t park the domestic agenda" amid Brexit...
Conservative minority government’s Westminster woes will extend beyond the division lobbies,...
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at...
PCS union calls for end to “cruel and unnecessary” policy
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...