Latest civil service & public affairs moves — May 8
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
General Election 2017
View our spreadsheet of MPs’ intentions for the election here: http://bit.ly/2oLhfsE and ask about information on selected candidates and Dods’ PPC Picks.
Houses of Parliament
House of Lords – Lord May of Oxford (Crossbench, Life Peer) retired on 2 May.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office – Gus Jaspert has been appointed governor of the British Virgin Islands; Tim Foy has been appointed governor of Anguilla in succession to Christina Scott from August
- Scottish Parliament – Rachael Hamilton, Conservative Regional MSP for South Scotland, resigned from the parliament.
- Greater London Assembly – Jennette Arnold became chair of the Assembly, and Tony Arbour became deputy
- National Association of Head Teachers – Paul Whiteman to succeed Russell Hobby as general secretary.
- ITV – Adam Crozier to step down as chief executive.
- Lepra – Geoff Prescott joined as chief executive.
- Advance – Niki Scordi appointed as chief executive, replacing Anna Smith. Christine Losecaat appointed as chair.
- Youth Hostels Association – James Bto join as chief executive in the summer.
- Perennial – Peter Newman to replace Richard Capewell as chief executive.
- Grayling UK – Sarah Scholefield promoted to become chief executive.
Study from techUK and Dods shows key obstacles becoming more – not less – entrenched
Analysis by GMB finds public sector now employs less than 17% of workers, with civil...
Successful candidate will work with home secretary to shape role of new Commission for...
Philip Rycroft, the second permanent secretary at DExEU, will take up top post following...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...