Latest civil service & public affairs moves — March 6
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at Dods People
- Cabinet Office: Mark Sedwil to replace Mark Lyall Grant as National Security Adviser on 13th April.
- Home Office: Philip Rutnam to replace Mark Sedwill as Permanent Secretary.
- Department for Transport: Philip Rutnam to stand down as Permanent Secretary. Jonathan Moor, director general for resources and strategy, stepping up in the interim, with a permanent successor to be recruited.
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office: Kate Harrisson has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Peru.
- HM Treasury: Office of Tax Simplification - Paul Morton replaced John Whiting as Tax Director.
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy: UK Space Agency - Graham Turnock to replace Katherine Courtney as Chief Executive from 1st April; Nuclear Decommissioning Authority - David Peattie appointed as Chief Executive, replacing John Clarke.
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Environment Agency - Joanne Segars appointed to the board.
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport: Theatres Trust - Ruth Eastwood, Dara Ó Briain, Peter Roberts, Ann Skippers and Anna Stapleton have been reappointed as Trustees.
House of Lords
- Lord McCluskey (Life Peer, Crossbench) retired on 1st March.
House of Commons
- Gerald Kaufman, Labour MP for Manchester Gorton, passed away – a by-election will take place in due course.
- Procedure Committee – Chris Elmore replaced Holly Lynch as a member.
- Women and Equalities Committee – Holly Lynch replaced Ruth Cadbury as a member.
- National Audit Office – Daniel Lambauer appointed as Executive Leader, Strategy and Operation; Kate Mathers as Executive Leader, Financial Audit; Rebecca Sheeran as Executive Leader, Value for Money; Max Tse as Executive Leader, Digital Transformation.
Local authority by-election Results 2nd March
- Christchurch Council – Paul Hilliard elected for Mudeford and Friars Cliffe – Conservative hold.
- Salford Council – Arnie Saunders elected for Kersal – Conservative gain from Labour.
- Redcar and Cleveland Council – Alma Thrower elected for Hutton – Conservative hold.
- Redcar and Cleveland Council – Laura Benson elected for Newcomen – Liberal Democrat hold.
Industry, Consultancies & Interest Groups
- JBP – James Hargrave promoted to Associate Director; Laura Holloway joins as Senior Account Manager; Mark Hofman joins as a Local Government and Stakeholder Engagement Expert; Hannah Rowley appointed as Account Manager.
- Patients Association - Katherine Murphy is to step down as Chief Executive.
Senior civil servants to be personally accountable for diversity targets in long-awaited Whitehall inclusion strategy
Civil service diversity strategy sets out plans to develop framework for measuring inclusion...
Civil service people chief Rupert McNeil on diversity, the pay cap, and why Whitehall needs a 'Casualty' not a 'Yes Minister' image
After 21 months in government, Rupert McNeil, chief people officer and head of civil service HR...
New appointments in the civil service, UK politics, and public affairs, via our colleagues at...
Peter Lauener defends “different approach” to contract termination after provider’s inadequate...
BT takes a look at the shifting nature of cyber threats, and how organisations can detect and...
Microsoft shows a few of the ways that governments can turn data into insight
With the ‘low-hanging fruit’ exhausted, the public sector must approach new government saving...
TCS is keen to contribute to the topic of successful partnerships between the public and private...